Monday, March 01, 2010

Advice for Writers


Oh, I’m in trouble now.

I finally clicked over to the excellent Guardian compilation of advice for writers. Roddy Doyle’s first rule stopped me dead in my tracks: 
Do not place a photograph of your-­favourite author on your desk, especially if the author is one of the famous ones who committed suicide.
I have to laugh! The bathroom may be the only room in our house without a picture of Virginia Woolf in it. (I have a really good fridge magnet of her…)

2 comments:

Geoffrey Philp said...

Anne, I think we're all in trouble.

Minnie said...

Not to worry, Anne - most of 'em are contradictory (if not even self-contradictory at times!). Odd that there wasn't one which said something along the lines of "find your own way and stay on it"! Greetings from a fellow VW fan in France.