- Written about, but unread
THE ABSTINENCE TEACHER. By Tom Perrotta.
- Thought about buying, but should probably read Drown first (since it’s on my shelf).
THE BRIEF WONDROUS LIFE OF OSCAR WAO. By Junot Díaz,
- Read but not written about
DANCING TO “ALMENDRA.” By Mayra Montero
- Watched my mom buy & discussed it with her, but still unread:
EXIT GHOST. By Philip Roth.
- Read and written about
FALLING MAN. By Don DeLillo.
THE INDIAN CLERK. By David Leavitt.
- Read, written about, reviewed
THROW LIKE A GIRL: Stories. By Jean Thompson.
- Purchased in London
AGENT ZIGZAG: A True Story of Nazi Espionage, Love, and Betrayal. By Ben Macintyre.
- Have no plans at all to read
CIRCLING MY MOTHER. By Mary Gordon.
THE DIANA CHRONICLES. By Tina Brown.
- Watched my husband read
HOW DOCTORS THINK. By Jerome Groopman.
- Will happily discuss with you
HOW TO TALK ABOUT BOOKS YOU HAVEN’T READ. By Pierre Bayard.
- Read, written about, reviewed, disliked
LEONARD WOOLF: A Biography. By Victoria Glendinning.
- Still looking at the review copy from BookExpo of
TWO LIVES: Gertrude and Alice. By Janet Malcolm.
- Thinking about spending that Three Lives gift certificate in my wallet on
THE GATHERING. By Anne Enright.
MATRIMONY. By Joshua Henkin.
- or maybe even
THEN WE CAME TO THE END. By Joshua Ferris.
- but probably will defy logic and actually purchase
HOW TO TALK ABOUT BOOKS YOU HAVEN’T READ. By Pierre Bayard
That, in brief, is my brief version of the list.