Tuesday, April 19, 2005

David Copperfield?! My Dad will be so proud...


You're David Copperfield!

by Charles Dickens

Coming up from a childhood that felt abusive, you have risen through hard work to gain a place of stature in your life. You've spent altogether too much time in factories and end up misspelling a fair number of words. But in general you are seen as a beacon of hope for others who might not be as fortunate. Lots of people keep mistaking you for a magician and are waiting for you to disappear.

Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.

3 comments:

genevieve said...

What do you think they meant by odds or evens? I came unstuck there and ended up with something quite sordid.
PS thanks for fixing the link to moi-meme.

Sarahlynn said...

Oh, dear.

You're Catch-22!
by Joseph Heller
Incredibly witty and funny, you have a taste for irony in all that you see. It seems that life has put you in perpetually untenable situations, and your sense of humor is all that gets you through them. These experiences have also made you an ardent pacifist, though you present your message with tongue sewn into cheek. You could coin a phrase that replaces the word "paradox" for millions of people.


Now I have to admit my ignorance and go read the book. (Somehow I got a lit degree without ever having been exposed to Heller.) Great internet quiz, though!

Unknown said...

Genevieve--I don't know what the odds and evens are.
Sarahlynn--I couldn't finish Heller when I tried--too boyish for me--but it's very funny & the description doesn't seem a terrible fit.
As for me, I'm trying not to take the issue of my immiinent disappearance personally....(a lame reference to the magician, perhaps?)