Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tillie Olsen Tribute, January 14, 2007

I have been moved by those who have commented on my Tillie Olsen post. I was particularly touched and grateful to receive a comment from her granddaughter, Rebekah Edwards. She pointed me to a lovely, lovely website created by Olsen’s daughters. There, you can find an obituary written by the family.

She also informed me of a wonderful tribute happening this weekend: "the family requests that on her birthday, January 14th, people whose lives have been touched by Tillie gather with friends in their homes and public libraries to celebrate her life and to read her work together. We would be comforted to hear from you about your celebrations. Please email us: tillies_family@childpeacebooks.org."

It would be wonderful if people from the feminist blogging and litblogging community could take a few hours out, on this upcoming Martin Luther King Holiday Weekend, to honor another great American.

No comments: